Breeze through U.S. Customs with Global Entry
Global Entry is a program from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) that allows low-risk, pre-screened international travelers to expedite entry into the U.S.
If you have Global Entry, upon arrival in the U.S. you can bypass passport control lines and paper customs declarations by going directly to a Global Entry kiosk.
To use Global Entry, you must first be approved for the program and go through a rigorous background check and in-person interview. Once you’re approved, you’ll also receive TSA PreCheck®.
- Apply for Global Entry Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines
- TSA PreCheck
Global Entry and application fee credits
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive Mastercard® cardmembers receive application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck, up to $100 every 5 years. To receive reimbursement, you must charge the application fee to your Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive Mastercard®.
AAdvantage® Aviator® Silver Mastercard® cardmembers receive application fee credit for Global Entry, up to $100 every 5 years. To receive reimbursement, you must charge the application fee to your AAdvantage® Aviator® Silver Mastercard®.
Travel with Global Entry
With Global Entry, your CPB PASS ID is your Known Traveler Number (KTN). Update your KTN in your AAdvantage® account before you travel so your information is saved for every trip. If you’re not an AAdvantage® member, you must add your KTN to each reservation when you book.
If you can’t find your PASS ID, you can get it online.
Update your AAdvantage® profile
- Log in to your AAdvantage® account
- Add your KTN in the ‘Secure traveler’ section
- Save your changes
Update an existing trip
- Find your trip on aa.com or the American app
- Select ‘Edit’ in the passenger information section
- Go to ‘Security information’
- Add your KTN
- Save your changes
Global Entry kiosk
When you arrive in U.S. Customs, at the Global Entry kiosk:
- Scan your passport or other travel document
- Place your fingerprints on the scanner
- Make a customs declaration.
- The kiosk will then issue you a transaction receipt and direct you to baggage claim and the exit.
Global Entry is available at select airports in the U.S. including:
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD)
- Dallas Fort Worth (DFW)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- New York Kennedy (JFK)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Philadelphia (PHL)