Our partnership with JetBlue
American Airlines and JetBlue are winding down the innovative Northeast Alliance.
- As of July 21, 2023 codeshare flights between American and JetBlue will no longer be available for sale and you will no longer be able to redeem miles for flight awards on JetBlue. Existing flight award reservations will be honored but changes will not be allowed.
- Status benefits and mileage accrual on JetBlue-operated flights will be granted to members who added their AAdvantage® or TrueBlue Mosaic member number to their ticketed reservation prior to July 21, 2023 for travel through January 31, 2024.
We will continue to work with our partner JetBlue to ensure customers with existing codeshare bookings can travel seamlessly without disruption to their travel plans.
Traveling and making a connection?
Change terminals for your next flight without leaving security.
Use the new connector between Terminals B and C.
New York Kennedy (JFK)
Take a bus to your next gate. Departs from:
- Gate 25 in Terminal 5 (to connect to American)
- Gate 13 in Terminal 8 (to connect to JetBlue)
You can earn AAdvantage® miles when you fly on JetBlue marketed and operated flights and JetBlue codeshare flights operated by American Airlines if you:
- Buy an eligible published fare ticket in an eligible booking code.
- Fly an eligible route. Transatlantic flights operated by JetBlue are not eligible.
- Added your AAdvantage® member number to your itinerary prior to July 21, 2023 for travel by January 31, 2024.
When you earn eligible AAdvantage® miles for travel on JetBlue, you’ll also earn Loyalty Points that count toward qualifying for AAdvantage® status.
Calculating base miles
For travel on JetBlue marketed flights, miles are earned based on ticket price (includes base fare plus carrier-imposed fees; excludes government-imposed taxes and fees). The more you spend, and the higher your AAdvantage® status, the more you'll earn.
- AAdvantage® member – 5 miles for every U.S. dollar*
- AAdvantage Gold® member – 40% bonus*
- AAdvantage Platinum® member – 60% bonus*
- AAdvantage Platinum Pro® member – 80% bonus*
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum® member – 120% bonus*
You can earn a maximum of 75,000 AAdvantage® miles per ticket. For travel on or after March 1, 2023, there will be no mileage cap.
*Basic Economy tickets issued on or after January 1, 2023, for travel starting March 1, 2023 will earn award miles at a rate of 2 miles per dollar in addition to Loyalty Points. Status members' bonus percentages will apply to the base mileage rate of 2 miles per dollar on American and other select partner airlines.
|Cabin||Purchased fares booked in||Loyalty Points|
|Full Fare Business||J||available|
|Discount Business||C, D, I||available|
|Economy||Y, E, K, H, Q, B, V, R, W, M, Z, O, U, S, P, G||available|
If the booking code for the ticket you buy isn’t listed in the tables, you won’t earn AAdvantage® miles or Loyalty Points.
Travel ticketed as an American Airlines marketed flight (booked as an AA flight number) and operated by JetBlue will earn AAdvantage® miles and Loyalty Points according to the American mileage accrual chart.
AAdvantage® status benefits
When you fly on JetBlue, your trip counts toward qualifying for AAdvantage® status. AAdvantage® status members receive additional benefits if they added their AAdvantage® member number to their itinerary prior to July 21, 2023 for travel before January 31, 2024.
|Benefits||AAdvantage Executive Platinum®||AAdvantage Platinum Pro®||AAdvantage Platinum®||AAdvantage Gold®|
|Priority through the airport at check-in, security and boarding||available||available||available||available|
|Priority bag delivery||available||available||available||– Not available|
|Free checked bags*||2||2||2||1|
|Complimentary Even More® Space seats (at check-in)||available||available||available||available|
|Complimentary Same-Day Switch^||available||available||– Not available||– Not available|
|Status mileage bonus||available||available||available||available|
*Weight and size limits apply.
^JetBlue Same-day Switch is only available on flights marketed and operated by JetBlue.