What's New for AAdvantage Members
In addition to your existing AAdvantage® member benefits, the merger with US Airways brings even more opportunities for you to make the most of your travel. And as an elite status member, you can now upgrade to First Class on US Airways within 24 hours of departure.
Be sure to check back here frequently for updates to our program as integration continues.
Earn AAdvantage miles on US Airways
Continue earning AAdvantage miles on US Airways flights, in addition to earning AAdvantage elite-qualifying miles, points and segments on eligible US Airways flights.
- Book your flight
- Include your AAdvantage number in your reservation
And remember that all purchased, published fare tickets on US Airways earn 100% base miles just as they do when you travel on American.
Learn more about earning on US Airways »
Your Citi® card still rewards
Your Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card benefits will remain the same, and you'll continue to earn AAdvantage miles for purchases on your Citi® / AAdvantage® card without disruption.
Redeem AAdvantage miles on US Airways
You may continue redeeming AAdvantage miles for flights on US Airways. To see how many miles are needed to reach your destination on US Airways, visit the oneworld and Other Airlines Award Chart.
To use your AAdvantage miles:
Keep in mind that miles cannot be combined between the AAdvantage program and the Dividend Miles program to redeem flight awards.
View more details on award reservations »
Upgrade on US Airways
Until we integrate our programs, our AAdvantage elite status members may upgrade to First Class on
US Airways within 24 hours of departure. If available, an upgrade option will be presented at check-in for US Airways-operated flights within and between:
- U.S. (excluding Hawaii)
- Central America
Upgrades will be provided on a first come, first served basis, and if a seat is not available, you can choose to add yourself to the upgrade standby list.
As an AAdvantage elite status member, these upgrades are complimentary for you and one companion traveling in the same reservation – just as they are today on US Airways for Dividend Miles elite members.
Learn more about upgrading on US Airways »
Enjoy elite status benefits on US Airways
To enrich your travel when flying on US Airways, AAdvantage elite status members enjoy many benefits:
- Elite status bonus miles for eligible flight activity
- 100% bonus for Executive Platinum and Platinum members
- 25% bonus for Gold members
- Minimum mileage guarantee for flights less than 500 miles in length
- First/Business Class check-in
- Priority through security checkpoints
- Priority boarding
- Complimentary checked baggage allowance
- Three bags for Executive Platinum members
- Two for Platinum* members
- One for Gold members
- Complimentary access to Preferred Seats
- Complimentary MoveUp (similar to same day confirmed flight change on American)
- Priority Baggage Delivery for Executive Platinum and Platinum members
- Executive Platinum members traveling in the Main Cabin on board US Airways and US Airways Expresscan enjoy a complimentary beverage from the standard alcoholic beverage selections as well as one snack from the à la carte menu
Please remember that until we integrate loyalty programs, elite qualifying miles, points and segments cannot be combined between the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs to attain elite status.
Learn more about AAdvantage elite status benefits when flying on US Airways »
We plan to bring current Dividend Miles accounts into the AAdvantage program in 2015. At that time, we will combine your award mileage balances, Million Miler TM balances and elite-qualifying activity from both programs. In the meantime, continue to book travel, earn miles and manage your account on aa.com as you normally would. We will follow up with you when we begin the process of integrating accounts.
*For tickets issued on or after April 23, 2014, for travel on or after that date, Platinum members traveling on US Airways operated flights are eligible for two free checked bags; for tickets issued prior to April 23, 2014, Platinum members are eligible for three free checked bags.